Read our 2010–11 Annual Report, titled ‘the way the world tells its story.’ This year’s report focusses on global celebrations around Wikipedia 10, our emerging work in India, the global education program, our mobile expansion efforts, and on our major engineering/product accomplishments and ambitions.
Our strategic priorities:
- Stabilize infrastructure
- Increase participation
- Improve quality
- Increase reach
- Encourage innovation
Wikimedia Foundation targets for 2015:
- Increase the total number of people served to 1 billion
- Increase the number of Wikipedia articles we offer to 50 million
- Ensure information is high quality by increasing the percentage of material reviewed to be of high or very high quality by 25 percent
- Encourage readers to become contributors by increasing the number of total editors who make at least 5 edits per month to 200,000
- Support healthy diversity in the editing community by doubling the percentage of female editors to 25 percent and increase the percentage of Global South editors to 37 percent
2011–12 Annual Plan
Read our 2011–12 Annual financial plan, which also includes strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money. Your donation helps to power Wikipedia, a top-ten website, by funding technology and our team of less than 100 employees.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization: contributions from US citizens are deductible and some other countries. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via PayPal, MoneyBookers, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.