- Title - Wikimania Scholarships Program Technical Coordinator
- Wikimania Scholarships Program Description
The 2010 Wikimania Scholarships Program enables a diverse and global group of active Wikimedians and new participants to travel to and attend the Wikimania conference in Gdansk, Poland, from July 9-11, 2010.
- Primary responsibilities of position
- Working with staff developer on technical development and improvement of scholarship applications and review process.
- Helping application reviewers with technical aspects of scoring applications and processing of applications.
- Sample activities
- Coordinating necessary site requirements with staff developer.
- Design and testing of application form, improving on the previous year's example.
- Manipulating application data, creating reports based on selected criteria.
- Participating in periodic online meetings with scholarships program manager and volunteer committee.
- Time frame
February 22 - April 30, 2010
- Estimated Total Hours
- Mid-February through Mid March, approximately 20 hours consisting of technical development and testing, and participation in committee meetings.
- Mid-March until end of April, a few hours per week, primarily for troubleshooting and technical support for committee and project as described above.
- Qualifications sought
- Ability to speak English.
- Technical abilities--coding for the web, data manipulation (LAMP).
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential applicant information.
- Helpful but not essential for volunteer to have
- Prior attendance at Wikimania.
- Strong knowledge of cross-project Wikimedia community (involved in several local projects, and Commons, Meta, etc.).
- Benefits to volunteering
- Conference fees and lodging during Wikimania 2010. (Travel costs are volunteer's responsibility)
- Gaining experience with doing specific technical and project-related work for the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation.
- Increased association with the Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia community.
- To apply
- Please send a short biography of yourself, including aspects of your activity on the Wikimedia projects. Any information you believe is relevant, is relevant. You may also wish to attach your CV. Send this to Cary Bass, at cary wikimedia dot org. You may also call Cary at 415.839.6885, extension 601.
- Deadline to apply
Thursday, February 18, 2010