The strategic plan is the culmination of a collaborative process undertaken by the Wikimedia Foundation and the global community of Wikimedia project volunteers through 2009 and 2010. The process aimed to understand and address the critical challenges and opportunities facing the Wikimedia movement through 2015. It has culminated in a series of priorities and goals, as well as specific operational initiatives for the Wikimedia Foundation, that will define the movement’s continued success.
- Strategic priorities
- Stabilize infrastructure
- Increase participation
- Improve quality
- Increase reach
- Encourage innovation
- Targets for 2015
- Increase the total number of people served to 1 billion
- Increase the number of Wikipedia articles we offer to 50 million
- Ensure information is high quality by increasing the percentage of material reviewed to be of high or very high quality by 25 percent
- Encourage readers to become contributors by increasing the number of total editors who make at least 5 edits per month to 200,000
- Support healthy diversity in the editing community by doubling the percentage of female editors to 25 percent and increase the percentage of Global South editors to 37 percent
The report is provided here as a PDF version in two formats. A Wiki-based version can be found on the Strategic Planning wiki.
Download the Wikimedia Strategic Plan